Tuesday, June 10, 2008

summertime errands...

I really dislike running errands with all 3 kids. But it has to be done and in the summer it has to be done with all 3 kids. So off we went, against their mumbling and grumbling.

I get some pretty funny looks when I'm out with all 3 and my belly looks like it will pop open at any minute. Some looks are of pity, some are about the kids and how cute they are. And some look like "that poor girl, doesn't she know about birth control?"

And yet we march on, usually with me saying over and over "don't touch anything, keeps your hands down, hold onto the cart", etc. The kids have all of these parking lot games, sometimes you are supposed to walk on the cracks, sometimes not, sometimes the white lines are lava and you melt if you touch them, sometimes you're supposed to walk backwards- I can be tired before we get inside the store!

First we had to go to the optometrist to pick up a new set of contacts for me- last night I rubbed my eye wrong and it fell out, never to be found again, and it was my last one. The kids did pretty good, we just had to run in and out.

Then we went to the mall to walk around and get some new Aveda hair stuff (I heart Aveda!) and decided to slip into Motherhood Maternity. I only have 2-3 weeks left, but I've outgrown just about everything and my belly is all of the time popping out a bit, which I can't stand. So I needed to get a few things at the, ahem, next size up :P

Inside the store they have a laundry basket full of big legos and I sent the kids straight over. There are only 2 lego roofs. I have 3 kids. Tessa didn't grab one in time. She kept saying "Caleb, I need a roof too. Jonah I need your roof for my house." Neither of the boys gave theirs up. So she cried. LOUD. Just then Ryan calls my cell phone. Caleb and Jonah start arguing. Everyone is staring. I feel like joining Tessa in a big cry and wish I could just melt into the floor.

After Motherhood (and Tessa was calm again) I attempted Baby Gap- not sure why, I guess I'm just overly optimistic when I want to shop sometimes. I wanted to pick out a special outfit for the baby to come home in, all of my kids had one and I have kept each one of their outfits they wore home. I realized, in my washing spree the other day, that I have mostly 3-6 months outfits. So she needs something. The kids fought over the one little wooden chair they have in there (why do they have just one? Either none or a few I say!). Then Caleb starts messing with the maternity manequin's clothes- he pulls down her top on one side exposing her and giggles, I was so shocked (and completely embarrassed). I told him to stop, that is was rude, and the next thing I know he and Jonah are messing with her pants and checking out her bum. What is going on here????? They have never... we left, quickly, no baby outfit :(

I still had the oh-so-fun Wal-Mart trip left on my list, so I made the little ones sit IN the cart while Caleb held onto the side, got as few items as I could get away with and- got. the. slowest. check. out. lady. EVER.

My patience are shot. We had lunch and I sent them outside. They were promised we'd make cupcakes BEFORE the errands, so now I'm trying to muster up the strength to carry through.

I wish I could just take a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment