Friday, June 20, 2008

remember these???

We were watching a show yesterday and they had these things, I remeber these from Middle School... I think they're called "cootie cubes" or something? (Does anyone remember the real name of them?)

We're calling them "question cubes"...

Photobucket

The boys thought they looked pretty cool, and I said I could make them...

Photobucket

I whipped out some paper and made one and the look in their eyes was one of "wow, our Mom is really cool."

Photobucket

So we embellished them with colors on the outside and numbers on the inside, and then the very inside flaps say "yes", "no", "maybe", "I don't know", "try again", etc. It's answering all of our questions, like "will the baby be born early?" and "is the baby really a girl?"

How they work:

1. Ask someone to pick a color.
2. Spell out the color while opening the cube alternately.
3. Ask them to pick a number.
4. Count the number while opeing the cube each way alternately.
5. Ask for another number and then tell them to ask a question.
6. Open the inside flap of the number they chose and read the answer.

It has provided LOTS of fun entertainment :) I love hearing the questions they think of, plus they're learning to spell colors!

Or you can just make them into puppets, Tessa's favorites...

Photobucket

Have fun!

I'm off to run some errands that HAVE to be run, please say a little prayer for me... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment