Saturday, June 28, 2008

introducing...


Photobucket

Eden Elise
8 lbs. 13 oz.
19 1/2 inches
June 27th
9:19 am

Photobucket

the name...

Eden means "delight" and Elise means "devoted to God".

On the way to the hospital we decided on "Avery Joy", but with about 15 minutes of laboring left I asked if we could change it to "Eden Elise", and Ryan happily and wholeheartedly agreed! We both love it and it just fits her perfectly :)

Photobucket

This was the quickest and easiest labor and delivery I have had, thanks to all of the prayers! We got started with the pitocin around 6:30 am and she was born in less than 3 hours. The nurse, Ryan and I each guessed what time she would be born- I guessed 9:20 and she was born at 9:19 am! My doc asked, before she came out entirely, if I wanted him to wait an extra 30 seconds for 9:20 so I could win, lol!

Photobucket

I love wrinkled baby hands and feet...

Photobucket

She has the most hair of any of our babies, and it's dark like Caleb--- she also has the same nose as Caleb...

Photobucket

She had the cord wrapped around her neck when she came out which seems to have left with with a bit of a sore throat, making her not so willing to eat although she's hungry. She sounds a bit hoarse and she squeaks when she cries, so cute! Her throat should be fine in a day or so :)

Photobucket

Because she came out so fast her face is a bit bruised.

Me and my new little girl...

Photobucket

More pics to come... Ryan bought himself his own digital camera the night before (I was afraid he wouldn't take them right with mine, he says I've become a picture snob! I can't stand using the flash on mine!) so we have lots more pics on his camera to share soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment