Saturday, March 29, 2008

birthday fun...

Photobucket

I was just 21 and Ryan and I had been married for only 5 months when we were shocked to find out we were pregnant... Ryan was immediately excited but I cried a bit. I think mostly from not knowing what to expect and being a little scared, I felt too young to take care of a little baby! But I soon joined in the excitement--- we were both thrilled to find out he was going to be a boy and decided to name him "Caleb Ryan".

Photobucket

He was born March 29th, 2001 at 10:36 am and was a whopping 9lbs. 10 oz.!!!

The nurses all called him "bruiser"...

Photobucket

We had his first sleepover for his party, he invited 5 friends over for pizza, an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins (his favorite ice cream!) and lots of playing--lots of legos, hide and go seek (Ryan hid so well he got "stuck" in a closet and I had to help him get out!) and I think I even heard "freeze tag" at one point.

Then they wound down with sleeping bags and a movie...

Photobucket

He is definately a momma's boy and I couldn't imagine life without him... :) We are blessed with an amazing little boy!

I can't believe he's 7!!!

............................................................................


Friday night Ryan took me out to Shogun for dinner for my birthday (since he'll be gone on business ON my actual birthday- BOOOOOO!), and surprised me with 3 other couples who joined us. Shogun is a Japanese steakhouse where they cook your food all fancy right in front of you, so fun and yummy! Jennifer is taking the pic and Kristen is hiding behind Ryan :)

Photobucket

After dinner we went back to one couple's home for cake and ice cream and games. We laughed and laughed... "Underwear hole! It's round, right?"

Thanks for a great night Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment