Friday, May 11, 2007

a fun day and fun finds

One of the things that I love the best about warm weather is that we can all wear flip flops (or as Tessa like to call them, "tick tocks"!) I love not having to dig through their drawer looking for matching socks, and I love not having to tie shoes. They can do flip flops ALL ON THEIR OWN!!! Funny what excites us Mothers, eh?

Tessa didn't quite get hers on correctly, but she tried. (look familiar Amelia?) So we jumped in the van and headed out to find garage sales. The kids love to go garage saling- I load their pockets up with change and they think they are RICH. They find the toy quarter boxes and come home with handfulls of "new" toys that keep them entertained til the next week. I was excited to find a wooden bookshelf/entertainment center for our game room. I had to leave it there for Ryan to pick up in his truck later, but I plan to paint it white and distress it and get some fun baskets for the shelves. I'm happy to have something for all of their media- books, movies, tv, gamecube, etc.
After the great find at the FIRST garage sale, we ventured on to one of my all time favorite places to shop:

The River City Trading Post is so much fun! It's in Jenks, which is supposed to be the Antique Capital of the US (according to their signs). This Trading Post is full of booths rented by individuals that sell their own stuff, new and old, whether it's bags, jewelry, and stationary that they make or old vintage signs, bottles, ceramics, frames, furniture, and lots of antiques that are fun like old wash boards, dishes...just about anything you can think of. I was looking for an old glass window that I want to turn into a picture frame and hang up in my office- I'd seen them there before, but no such luck today. Instead I found these wooden signs:

for my kitches and this:

wooden table for our office/guest room. It needs paint, maybe white but I'm toying with the idea of a distressed pink. But it's perfect for guests to have a few drawers to put stuff in without taking up alot of room- it's an office/bead room/guest room- very multi-purpose!
The kids were very good in the Post, so on the way home we had to stop at the park and let loose:

Tonight our friends are taking us out to say thanks for dog/bird sitting last week. I love date nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment