Sunday, February 10, 2008

so I went to the doctor...

and I have bronchitis. Which totally explains why I've been coughing since Monday.

She gave me 2 prescriptions, one for an antibiotic and one for coughing to help me sleep. It was one of those walk in clinics you go to on the weekends. I checked with her twice and with her nurse that they were okay to use since I'm preggo. They said yes but I didn't feel convinced.

So when I dropped them off at the pharmacy I asked the pharmacist to please verify they were safe for me since I'm preggo. He said definately yes to the antibiotic, but after looking up the other one he read to me "only if absolutely needed in pregnant women"..."MAY cause fetal harm"..."not 100% safe"... and he said he wasn't going to let me have it.

THANK GOD I asked and THANK GOD he took the time to really find out for me. When Ryan picked up my meds a bit later the pharmacist commented that he couldn't believe the doc had prescribed that one! Scary.

So hopefully I will stop coughing soon, at least enough to get a decent night's sleep :)

No comments:

Post a Comment