Monday, February 4, 2008

just a day at the park...

Today it was a whopping 82 degrees! So after I picked up the kids from school we headed to the park with bikes, bubbles and bread for the ducks. We were there for about 3 minutes and I was ready to pull my hair out.

As we get out of the van I ask who wants their bike.

Caleb: "Me."
Jonah: "Can I have bubbles?"
Tessa: "Bubbles!"

So I get out Caleb's bike and he pedals off. I lock the van and give Jonah his bubbles and before Tessa's bubbles are even opened yet Jonah says "Can I have my bike now?"

Okay. Take back Jonah's bubbles and as I unlock the van I ask "Tessa do you want your bike?"

Tessa: "No, just my bubbles."

So I get Jonah's bike out of the van and just as I close the door Tessa says "I'm ready for my bike now. Here's my bubbles."

Sigh.

Give Jonah his bike, take Tessa's bubbles, going back into the van for Tessa's bike. Close it, lock it, put the bubbles by the tire so we can walk to the duck pond. But I forgot to get the bread out. Unlock the van, get the bread, relock.

Caleb speeds back "OH! Can I do bubbles now? I want to blow them on the way to the pond."

Unlock the van, put his bike inside, give him his bubbles.

Caleb: "But I want my bike too."
Me: "You can't blow bubbles AND ride your bike."
Caleb: "I'll blow them for the ducks."

Okaaaaay. Unlock the van, get the bike out, wait for him to get his bubbles in his pocket just right, relock the van. Proceed to duck pond all 3 kids on bikes. Within 3 steps Jonah jumps off his bike, "I want to RUN!"

ARG.

Unlock, put his bike back, relock, then hustle to catch up with kids. We FINALLY made it to the duck pond, but Tessa didn't want to ride her bike back and asked me to go get her bubbles for her instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment