Monday, October 29, 2007

the show...

Thanks sooooo much to all of you that emailed me asking how the indie show went, it feels nice knowing you were all thinking of me!

The show was, well, an EXPERIENCE! It was in this old warehouse that was pretty cool once it was all fixed up- the painted walls were peeling so you could see the bricks underneath and there were colored concrete pillars, concrete floors, spiral stairs with a spiral slide next to it, a very fun building! With NO electricity or plumbing!!! They rented generators and turned on big spotlight lamps but it was still VERY dark inside, especially at night. The first night we all lit candles, and we got smart and brought our own lamps with us the second night.

My friend Kristen came and sat with me the entire night on Friday (thank you Kristen!!!) and Saturday I had a couple of friends come by (thanks Jennifer and Jessica, and Amanda for trying!), my parents and Ryan brought the kids for a little while.

Thanks to Tammy for the idea of a photo album with past designs, this was a big hit!!!

Funny story- I had some of our soldered Christmas ornaments out for examples and Caleb saw the one with his picture on it and quietly asked me "why are you selling MY ornament?" He was very concerned I was getting rid of his ornament!!!


I had some sales, met lots of fun people and designers that I recognized from Etsy (some recognized my seller id or knew others that I know- funny what a little "world" Etsy is!) and gave out almost all of my business cards...it was a great first show for me but it totally makes me want to do a BIG show now!

Remember the contest and you guys all gave me ideas of things to stamp? I wanted to share a few that I made from your ideas that SOLD!!!

"supercalifragelisticexpialidocious" (as a stamped bracelet)
"I make stuff" (as a stamped necklace)
"I heart coffee" (stamped necklace)
"Princess in Training" (stamped bracelet)
"Carpe Diem" (stamped necklace)
"Free Spirit" (stamped bracelet)

I know there were a few more but this is all I can remember right now, thanks for the ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment