Saturday, October 13, 2007

adding Pillar to my list...

Remember my "brush with fame" list? Well I have a new one to add! Ryan and I took the kids to Pumpkin Town last night and Ryan ran into a guy he knows from a basketball league he played in- Rob who is the lead vocals for the Christian rock band PILLAR. We also got to meet Noah, who plays the bass guitar. Rob's on the right, Noah is on the left:

Ryan LOVES Pillar, they are pretty hard and fast rock, a GREAT alternative for kids (and my husband!) to listen to instead of bands like Metallica and Nine Inch Nails. Pillar sings good messages, not about drugs and sex. Our kids (who are 6, 4 and almost 3) even recognize and like a few of their songs, Ryan keeps one of their cd's in his truck that we listen to.

I had my camera with me and I SO WANTED to take a pic of them but I thought Ryan would be so embarrassed, so I didn't...now I'm wishing I had!

They were super nice and it was fun to see heavy rock and rollers with their wives and kids...Noah (the one with the dreds) was busy chasing after his toddling daughter!

They have a new album coming out in february!!! You can listen to their music here.

No comments:

Post a Comment