Friday, December 14, 2007

I'm BAAAAAACK!

Did ya'll miss me? LOL All 3 of you that read this blog! :P

Here are some pics of the tree damage, we have little limbs scattered but these were the main ones:

This branch barely missed our deck and lays inches from our house!

I had no idea ICE could do all of this!

One of our neighbor's trees fell over on our fence so Ryan got to clean that up and put up some new boards on the fence. He was actually out of town during the ice storm (He has good timing, doesn't he? lol) so he came home to a huge mess of trees to clean up.

Thankfully our power never went out, well, it did the first night for about 2 minutes around 3 am and Jonah freaked out, but then it came back on and stayed on. All 3 kids were snuggled in bed with me and we laid there listening to thunder and ice pelting our windows. Some family and friends that had lost power stopped by each day to thaw out and even stayed the night after shivering for a couple of nights! The internet was gone til today (yippee!), I went to Starbuck's and parked in the parking lot with the laptop but I had to PAY, I couldn't find free wi-fi anywhere, I don't think anyone had it up and running. So the kids watched Barnyard in the backseat and I checked emails, thanks to all that have emailed!

The kids went back to school Thursday, we were ALL ready!!!

So of course I now have LOTS to do, orders piled up a bit during all of this. I can't wait til all orders are out and I'm enjoying Christmas Break :)

And now they're predicting SNOW to start TONIGHT, anywhere from 2-6 inches!!! Please pray that it melts quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment