Friday, December 7, 2007

a day for fun


Today I decided to take a break from jewelry orders and have some FUN with Tessa so we headed to the mall. Ryan's office has their fancy restaurant Christmas party tomorrow night and I needed something to wear. I don't necessarily NEED maternity clothes yet, but I though what's the point of buying regular clothes that I won't fit into a few weeks from now? I ended up getting this green chunky turtleneck sweater that I plan on jazzing up with a festive scarf, it's something I can wear alot over the next few months...I also got it in the oatmeal color!

Then Tessa and I grabbed a cookie on the way out of the mall and headed to get our nails done. Ryan surprised me with a gift certificate a few days ago and I decided to share it with Tessa, she was super excited! The girls were very nice and one painted Tessa's finger nails while another did my pedicure.

I always feel self conscious getting my nails done in a salon like this where they are all Asian and speak in their language that I don't understand to each other. At one point the lady doing my toes asked me if I wanted my eyebrows waxed and I said no thanks, then she looks over and says something to the other girl who then looks at me and they both laugh! Maybe I should have gotten it done! Here's Tessa's new nails (she had to pick BRIGHT pink, of course!) :


After our nails we picked up Jonah from school, stopped by Wal-Mart to grab stuff for dinner (enchiladas tonight!) and then came home. We just got a new camera (my other camera is dying a slow death, and it had gotten so bad that I would take about 40 pictures to get ONE good picture! After lots of nagg- I mean asking, Ryan finally caved and let me get the one I REALLY wanted!) but I have been so busy I haven't really played with it much yet. I tried taking some pics for Christmas cards, I'll have to take some of Caleb when he gets home, but here are my faves:


This is what I started getting when Tessa got tired of it:

So be honest, can you tell a difference in my pics? I haven't figured much out yet, I plan on mastering the camera over Christmas break!

No comments:

Post a Comment