Saturday, April 21, 2007

a Run-In with a Squirrel


I have decided to start running again. Bathing suit season is coming MUCH too quickly and I have a few too many places that need slimming and firming, and indoor soccer on Monday nights isn't gonna cut it. So I grabbed my iPod and went for a 2 mile jog- and look at who I found- a cute little squirrel! (no, the picture is not the ACTUAL squirrel- I don't run with my camera!) I saw him coming up ahead of me, and as I got closer and closer I kept waiting for him to run off...but he just sat there. And looked at me. So I stopped and looked at him. He studied me for a few seconds, then got bored of me and turned his back to me and continued chomping on his acorn. His tail was right next to my shoe, and it was so cute and fluffy that I couldn't resist. I slowly bent down and PET his tail- and he didn't move an inch! I have never seen such a brave squirrel. I was only bold enough to pet him once, rabies did cross my mind if he decided to bite. Then I jogged on.

No comments:

Post a Comment