Saturday, April 21, 2007

GOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!



My oldest son, Caleb, is playing his 3rd season of soccer and today he scored his 3rd goal of the season- he has scored a goal in every game this season...makes me so PROUD! I grew up playing soccer since 3rd grade- I played competitive on a classic club team in high scool (we went to Nationals my senior year!) and also for my high school, and played on a division 1 team in college. So for me, I get so excited when he plays well, especially scoring goals!!!

Todays goal was a good one, too. He shot from outside the penalty box and had to angle it since he was on the left side of the goal. I couldn't believe it went in, and frankly neither could he!

We've been practicing IN our house! We have an entire long formal living and dining room with NO furniture- okay, well we have a fold up ping pong table and a couch against the wall, but that's it. It's the perfect room to practice in a small contained area! We moved from a house without any formal rooms, so we didn't have furniture for it- now we love that it's our soccer room! I painted it a pretty cranberry red (before realizing what the room would actually be used for), it has gorgeous white plaintain shutters across one whole wall, and the perfect doorway for a soccer goal! Maybe someday we'll turn it into what it's supposed to be, but for now it's our fun room! It's the BEST place in the house for a serious game of Ring Around the Rosey (Tessa's favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment