Thursday, January 3, 2008

just call me Gracie...

Last night we went to church. I went to pick up Tessa from her nursery classroom and I told the teacher at the door (whom I didn't recognize) that I was here for Tessa. She looked a bit confused but called out "Tessa?" My daughter jumps up and runs to the door.

"Oh", says the teacher at the door to the other teacher, "they must also call her Tessa at home."

"What...?" I say something like this, not sure what she means.

"She told us her name was Gracie" says the teacher. Tessa just grins at me knowing she's caught.

Tessa's middle name is Grace and we often call her "Tessa Gracie", and Ryan has mentioned recently he'd like to go with just "Gracie". I guess she liked this idea and is now telling her teachers that's her name.

So I go looking for her coloring paper but can't find one that says "Tessa."

The teacher calls out "Her paper says Gracie. Look for Gracie!" So it's even on paper now. She thinks her name should be Gracie.

I prefer "Tessa" personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment