Sunday, August 17, 2008

ostriches, camels and zebras, oh my!


Saturday we made a spur of the moment decision and headed down to Edmond (near OKC), stayed with my parents for the night, then got up sunday and drove on down to Arbuckle Wilderness. It's a wildlife refuge safari that you drive through in your own car and the animals (most of them are roaming around free) come to your car in hopes of being fed! These animals are NOT shy!

This Texas Longhorn was the first to greet us (and about broke our window when he turned his head, his horns were about 4-5 feet across!)...

Photobucket

We saw lots of these...

Photobucket

I sat behind Ryan (while he drove) with the side van door open and forgot about a cup of food I had set down by my foot. This guy distracted me on Jonah's side...

Photobucket

while this camel reached into the car and snagged my cup of feed!

Photobucket

this camel tried to come home with us...

Photobucket

Jonah was not thrilled about this...

Photobucket

hello from a buffalo...

Photobucket

This giraffe was slobbering and the wind blew it in Jonah's door right on his leg- he was NOT happy about this either...

Photobucket

this zebra made a silly face at us...

Photobucket

and some other silly animals we saw...

Photobucket

We also saw rhinos, tigers, wolves, llamas, ostriches, bearded pigs, cute little deer... and lots of other animals but I'm not sure what they're called :)

Yes, Tessa went with us. But after the camel tried to get in she huddled in the very back of the van under pillows and kept saying, "I don't like this zoo!"

Photobucket

fun memories...

No comments:

Post a Comment